Don't overlook the beauty and importance of saying goodbye with these inspirational goodbye quotes.
Saying goodbye is important.
Whether small or large, they form an important ritual in our culture.
Let us know which goodbye quote resonated with you the most in the comments below.
What are the benefits of reading parting sentences?
Goodbyes mean something is over and it's time for something new to happen.
- Honor your past and complete as you move into your next chapter.
- It allows you to see your life experiences with other people and the world around you.
- Express how you really feel
Whether you're leaving someone for a short time or forever, a mindful goodbye gives you time to recognize the value you have in the other's life.
Farewells also contain a blessing.
When you give a meaningful goodbye, you can bless the comings and goings of the other person.
So the next time you say goodbye, pay attention to the moment and create a goodwill intention in your heart to make it a blessing.
To make your goodbyes count, below is our collection of inspirational, beautiful and uplifting goodbye quotes, goodbye sayings and sayings, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
If you enjoy this article, please check out our Most Popular Quotes article, a list ofshort inspirational quotesfor daily motivation.
If you want more motivational phrases, take a look at oursMotivational quotes category page.
Farewell sayings for those who admire a beautiful farewell
1. "Bye! God knows when we'll meet again."William Shakespeare
You will also enjoy our article aboutQuotes about new beginnings.
2. "The pain of separation is nothing compared to the joy of seeing each other again." -Charles Dickens
3. "Return makes love goodbye." -Alfredo de Musset
4. "The reason whyhurtsso much so that the separation is due to our souls being connected. –Nicholas Sparks
5. "It feels good. But it's emotional. It's hard to say goodbye to everything you've done for so long."Angela Ruggiero
6. "Every new beginning comes from the end of another beginning." -semi-sonic
7. "If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello." -Paulo Coelho
8. "This isn't goodbye honey, this is a thank you." -Nicholas Sparks
9. "Stay healthy, do a good job and keep in touch." -Garnison Keillor
10. “For us, there are no goodbyes. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart." –Mahatma Gandhi
Farewell phrases to make your farewell meaningful
11. "The story never really says goodbye. The story says, "See you later. “-Eduardo Galeano
12. "The two hardest things in life to say are first hello and last goodbye." -Moira Rogers
13. "They must change often who would be steadfast in happiness or wisdom." –Confucius
14. "Man's feelings are always purer and brighter at meeting and parting." -Juan Pablo Richter
15. "See you later, but never a final reunion." -Fred Flagler
16. "See you in another life. When we are both cats. –tom cruise
17. "Goodbye, dear friend, that we shall not meet again until the right hand of Christ." –Donald Cargill
18. "It's sad, but sometimes the journey with the rest of life begins with saying goodbye." -Carrie underwood
19. "Promise me you'll never forget me, because if I believed that, I'd never leave." -AA. Milne
20. "Carrying on is easy, what is left behind is difficult." -Dave Mustaine
Farewell phrases that help you consciously say goodbye
21. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others every time they go” –Oscar Wilde
22. "It's so hard to leave until you go. And then it's the easiest thing in the world." —John Green
23. "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." —AA. Milne
24. "I think part of growing up is saying goodbye to the things you used to love." -jenny is
25. "Remember me and smile, it's better to forget than to remember me and cry." ―Doctor Seuss
26. "I make it easy for people to leave by making them hate me a little bit." -cecilia ahern
27. "Don't cry because it's over.to smileWhy it happened." –Doctor Seuss
28. "For every goodbye, God also provides a hello." -Donna Giebelluke
29. "Great is the art of the beginning, but greater is the art of the ending." -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
30. “I've had a happy life and thank the Lord. Farewell and God bless you all!"Christopher McCandless
Farewell sayings, so that every farewell counts
31. "I wonder how people say goodbye to someone forever." If we could see when and where we meet again, we would be more tender when we say goodbye to our friends. –Ovidio
32. "Goodbyes aren't forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They just want to say that I'll miss you until we meet again." -unknown
33. “Farewells are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul, there is no separation. –Rumi
34. "Saying goodbye means nothing. It's the time we spend together that counts, not how we left it."Trey Parker
35. "It's time to say goodbye but I think goodbyes are sad and I'd rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” –Ernie Harwell
36. "The story of life is faster than the blink of an eye, the story of love is a hello and goodbye...until we meet again." -Jimi Hendrix
37. “Farewells make you think. They make you realize what you had, what you lost, and what you took for granted."Ritu Ghatourey
38. "Don't let goodbyes discourage you. A farewell is necessary before they can meet again. And the reunion after moments or life is certain for those who are friends. –Richard Bach
39. "Never say goodbye because goodbye is to go and to leave is to forget." -J. M. Barrie
40. “Never say goodbye without words of love to think of while you're away. You may not see each other again in this life.” –Juan Pablo Richter
Other beautiful farewell sayings to inspire you
41. “No distance or amount of time can lessen thatamistadby those who are fully convinced of the worth of others.”—Roberto Südey
42. "You can kiss yoursfamilyand friends say goodbye and put miles between you, but at the same time they carry you in their hearts, in their minds, in their stomachs, because not only do they live in one world, but a world lives in you." –Friedrich Buechner
43. "Man's feelings are always very pure and many radiate at the time of meeting and parting." –Juan Pablo Richter
44. “The end of every year is a time to say goodbye to one year and welcome the arrival of a new one. May it be a blessed year."Kate Sommer
45. “Where you used to be is a hole in the world that I constantly walk through during the day and fall into at night. I miss you like hell." –Edna St. Louis Vincent Milly
If you like these quotes, be sure to check out our collection ofi miss you quotesTo fill this loneliness in your heart.
46. "As long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I will say that life is good." –Helen Keller
47. "We'll meet again, I don't know where, I don't know when, but I know we'll meet again on a sunny day." -Vera Lynn
48. "Unfortunately, the most painful goodbyes are the ones left unsaid and never explained." -Jonathan Harnish
49. "Great is the art of beginnings, but greater is the art of endings." –langer Lazarus
50. "You and I will meet again when we least expect it, one day somewhere far away I will recognize your face, I will not say goodbye friend because you and I will meet again." -Tom petty
You might also like theseFresh start datingto make you better.
51. "Two of the best indicators of success are the ability to say hello and the ability to say goodbye." -Robert J. Braathe
52. “Goodbyes are not forever, they are not the end; It just means I'll miss you until we meet again." -unknown
53. “Saying goodbye to the living was hard enough; saying goodbye to the dead was an impossible task.” –andres schäfer
54. "There was something unfinished about not saying goodbye, like an open door in the cold night." -Julie C. Dao
55. "If no one called you back when you left a place, then your decision to leave that place was spot on!" -Mehmet Murat Ildan
Farewell words to think about
56. “Perhaps we have lived a thousand lifetimes before and in each of them we have found ourselves. And maybe each time we were forced to part ways for the same reasons. This means that this farewell is both a farewell to the past ten thousand years and a prelude to what is yet to come. ―Nicholas Sparks
57. “What is that feeling when you walk away from people and they recede on the plain until you see their spots disperse? – It's too big a world that jumps at us, and it's a farewell. But we're leaning toward the next crazy adventure under the skies." ―Jack Kerouac
58. “Promise to kiss my forehead when I'm dead. -I'll feel it. ―victor hugo
59. "I don't care if it's a sad goodbye or a bad goodbye, but when I'm leaving a place I want to know that I'm leaving. If you don't, you'll feel even worse." ―JD Salinger
60. “Well, here at last, dear friends, on the shores of the sea comes the end of our fellowship in Middle-earth. Go in peace! I will not say: don't cry; because not all tears are evil." ―J.R.R. Tolkien
61. "Parting is such a sweet pain that I say goodnight until tomorrow." ―Shakespeare
62. "Do you know what your problem is? You can't live with the idea of someone leaving." ―John Green
63. "I thought it was stronger than a word, but I found saying goodbye to you is by far the hardest part." ―Colleen Hoover
64. "Thank God I found the GOOD in goodbye." ―Beyoncé Knowles
65. "There's nothing good about a good night if it means goodbye." ―Jeff Thomas
Insightful farewell sentences that make you think
66. "Goodbye always gives me a sore throat." -Charlie Brown
67. "Goodbyes often come in waves." -Jarod Kinz
68. “A man never knows how to say goodbye; A woman never knows when to say it. –Helen Rowland
69. "It's so hard to say goodbye... it's hard to say goodbye to all the things you've wished for for weeks, months, sometimes years."Saqib Saleem
70. "It feels good. But it's emotional. It's hard to say goodbye to everything you've done for so long."Angela Ruggiero
71. "If we could see when and where we meet again, we would be more tender when we say goodbye to our friends." -Ouida
72. “Saying goodbye is the most difficult solution to any problem. But sometimes it's the only option we have."Rayo Anurag Prakash
73. "No more words. We all know them, all the words that shouldn't be said. But you made my world more perfect.” –Terry Pratchett
74. "The pain of a hard goodbye is the heart's tribute to the privilege of love." -Beth Moore
75. “Follow your dreams, work hard, practice andkeep up. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercise, and lead a healthy lifestyle.” –Sascha Cohen
Farewell sayings for a touching farewell
76. “Goodbye can seem like an eternity. Farewell is like the end, but in my heart is the memory and you will always be there. —Disney
77. “What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we started.” —T. S. Eliot
78. “Our memories of yesterday will last a lifetime. We'll take the best, forget the rest, and one day we'll find that this is the best ever." —emergence
79. "It is only in the agony of separation that we glimpse the depths of love." —George Eliot
80. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that is open to us.” —Helen Keller
81. "I don't have to be so afraid of goodbyes because goodbyes don't have to be forever." —jenny is
82. "We all walk different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we carry a little bit of each other with us." -Tim McGraw
83. “Our memories of yesterday will last a lifetime. We'll take the best, forget the rest, and one day we'll find that this is the best ever." —emergence
84. “Some people come into our lives and quickly leave. Some stay for a while, leave footprints in our hearts, and we're never, ever the same."Flavia Weedn
85. "The world is round and the place that may seem like the end may also be the beginning." -Sacerdote Ivy Baker
Farewell phrases to let go
86. "It seems like we spend most of our time just saying goodbye." ―Elizabeth Taylor
87. “Partings are one of the hardest things in life. One way or another, people were always walking away... Always moving forward.” ―Karen Reyesbury
88. "I've been in the same place for 10 years and saying goodbye and cleaning out the locker is the hardest part." ―Roy Oswalt
89. "Live your life as if you're ready to say goodbye to it at any moment, as if the time you have is a pleasant surprise." ―Marcus Aurel
90. “I keep going until this pain greets me. I won't say goodbye until this pain says hello. That's a good sentence." ―Gregor Plitt
91. "Love usually ends with a very painful goodbye." ―Taylor Swift
92. “My world has changed, and so have I. I've learned to vote and I've learned to say goodbye. ―pocahontas
93. "Goodbyes were impossible unless you didn't realize you were saying them." ―Luanne Reis
94. "Everyone fights against despair, but always wins in the end. Got to. That's the only way we can say goodbye." ―Jeffrey Eugenides
95. "Saying goodbye is a little dying." ―Raymond Kramer
Farewell phrases that get you through emotional moments
96. “I told you I love you, I just lied. I'll be long gone by the time the sun comes up and I think the word is goodbye." ―James Taylor
97. “In the twilight I see her, blue eyes crying in the rain. As we kissed goodbye and parted, I knew we would never see each other again." ―willie nelson
98. "I woke up the next day and found your note. I love you, bye, that's all he wrote." ―David doors
99. “Goodbye, my love, my life. Bye." -Dalton-Trumbo
100. "I kissed goodbye the howling beast on the border that separated you from me." ―Bob Dylan
101. “So goodbye, I'm leaving, I don't get the point of this crying and mourning. We'll both live a lot longer if you live without me. ―Linda Ronstadt
102. "One of the hardest things about traveling is saying goodbye." ―Michael Palin
103. “Nothing is forever, forever is a lie. All we have is what's between hello and goodbye." ―Marilyn Bergmann
104. "I was a mess when the movie [Into the Forest] ended and I had to say goodbye. It was one of the most difficult endings." ―Evan Rachel madera
105. "Of course there will come a time when I have to say goodbye, but I've been feeling some things inside myself and this isn't the right time." ―Vin Scully
Emotional farewell sayings to make the farewell unforgettable
106. "You had me on hello, bye, and everything in between." —Shannon L.Aliso
107. "The easiest way to know how you feel about someone. To say goodbye." -phil caballero
108. "It was hard saying goodbye to that oblivion they call childhood." ―Saqib Saleem
109. "So for now I'll say goodbye to this chapter of my life and look forward to what's next." -Brooke Davis
110. "Goodbyes hurt more when the other person is already gone." -angie thomas
111. “I am not afraid of dying; I'm just afraid to say goodbye to you forever."―Shannon L.Aliso
112. "Goodbye, a word too painful to say, we parted in silence." ―melanie a. Schmied
113. "I don't think I could ever say goodbye to you... Not even if you told me." ―Jaime Roberts
114. "Goodbye is the saddest word I've ever heard. Goodbye is the last time I'll have you with me." —Celine Dion
115. "Saying 'Hello again' after the last goodbye is sometimes harder than just keeping the goodbyes." —Jessiqua Wittmann
Do you like these farewell sayings?
A farewell is as important as a greeting.
A healthy farewell helps us focus on what matters most, keeps doors open, and allows us to move forward without unnecessary baggage.
life is full ofThe endand new beginnings.
While saying goodbye can sometimes be difficult, the ability to tolerate endings is important.
We hope the above quotes will help you approach your endings with a positive attitude.
Which of these farewell phrases was your favorite?
Do you have more inspirational quotes?
Feel free to let us know in the comment section below.
Norbert Juma, Editor-in-Chief
Master curator and quote editor on a mission to inspire.
November 28, 2022 5:00 p.m. EST
Be the first to leave a comment!
Related topics:Most searched quotes about difficult emotionsquotesDating im Moment im Trend
- Inspirational Quotes Short Inspirational Quotes for the Day Nia Simone McLeod
- Inspirational quotes life quotes to live on success, love and family Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational quotes Famous people quotes about life, love and success Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational Quotes Inspirational quotes for kids about school, life and success Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational Quotes Relationship Quotes Celebrating True Love Dr. Nikki Martinez, Senior Contributor
- Inspirational Quotes Quotes about having fun and enjoying life Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational Quotes Quotes About Fresh Starts About Fresh Starts Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational quotes love quotes for him to make him feel like royalty Norbert Juma Senior Editor
- Inspirational Quotes Deep Love Quotes To Better Express Deep Feelings Dr. Nikki Martinez Senior Contributor
- Inspirational Quotes Best senior year quotes for graduation and yearbook Norbert Juma, Editor-in-Chief